Only our name is shabby ... your project need not be!

Monday, January 4, 2016

Tea Room NEWS for 2016 ...

Hello Tea Room fans and Happy New Year!

I have some news to announce today ... after much thought and contemplation, I've decided to close the challenges here in the Tea Room.  We've been enjoying inspiration and creativity here for five fabulous years -- my how time flies when you're having fun!  I've enjoyed 'meeting' so many of you from all over the world here in the Tea Room and sharing our love and passion for all things paper and glue together!

The good news is Paper Sweeties is doing wonderful and consuming much of my time each day.  In 2015 I attended 22 stamp shows and 2016 looks to be as busy!  The bad news is with all the responsibilities I have owning and running my company, it has become increasingly more challenging to keep up with things over here in the Tea Room.  It is with a sad heart that I close up shop here -- the Tea Room has been my 'baby' since 2010, and I enjoyed watching it grow into the amazing community it is today!

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the designers who created beautiful projects for our weekly challenges over the years ... their inspiration helped spark our creativity week after week!

I also want to thank all of you for joining us weekly to participate in our challenges!  It has been so much fun visiting all of your blogs and seeing your lovely creations over the years!

Last, I will be focusing my efforts on one monthly challenge, and I invite you all to join us over at Paper Sweeties for our fun challenges:

Paper Sweeties hosts monthly challenges! Each 1st of the month we will have a brand new inspiration board to help spark your creativity!  It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to create, share and win:

1. CREATE a NEW project based on the current inspiration board using ANY of your favorite crafty supplies — receive an EXTRA VOTE if you use a stamp, die or embellishment from Paper Sweeties!  If you don’t have any stamps from Paper Sweeties yet, we have some complimentary digital images for you to try before you buy!  Use this month’s board as a starting point for your project — be inspired by one or more of the colors, shapes, theme — ANYTHING GOES!

2. POST a DIRECT LINK to your project in our link gallery!

3. LINK back to this blog post so your readers can easily find us!

Our challenge will run for the entire month. You can play along as many times as you wish and combine with as many other challenges as you want! The challenges will end at 12 pm EST on the last day of each month. The winner will be revealed on the 1st of each month!

Paper Sweeties Inspiration #39:

papersweeties-inspiration#39

Thank you all for everything shared here in the Tea Room ... see you over at Paper Sweeties for loads more fun, inspiration and creativity!!

Hugs - xoxo


12 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

I have no doubt this was an extremely difficult decision for you, Debbie. I know that I haven't had lots of extra time to play lately, but I consistently have stopped by in search of inspiration, and your team never failed to deliver. Thanks for all you do creatively and otherwise! And I wish you the very best, both personally and professionally, 2016 has to offer. Hugs!

Samra said...

I am so sad to hear that The Shabby Tea Room is closing it's door :( That is definitely one of my favorite challenge blogs.
I wish you all the best Debbie in the new year! I'll make sure to join in with projects in the future at Paper Sweeties.
Hugs

Samra

Barbara Ann said...

So sorry to hear you are discontinuing the Shabby Tea Room challenges. It has always been so inspirational.
I wish you all the best with Paper Sweeties.

Cheryl said...

So sorry to see you go...one of my favorite sites to enjoy. Good Luck to you over at Paper Sweeties!

LeAnne said...

I am sad too although it is totally understandable! That makes THREE of my favorite challenges closing, boohoo!!! Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Lucy Patrick said...

That's wonderful that your business is doing so well, congratulations. This blog will be sadly missed, I have enjoyed all the inspiration I have seen here over the years and joining in on your challenges. Best wishes, XOX Lucy

Jill Norwood said...

Jinny said it so well Debbie! The Shabby Tea Room challenge is one of the first challenges I ever entered and holds a special place in my heart...as do you as its creator! It has always been one of the first places I go each week to be inspired! Thanks for so many wonderful years of inspiration here and with Paper Sweeties. I am so honored to know you and to be part of the PS family! Wishing you all the best in 2016 and beyond! You are an amazing woman and artist! Hugs - Jill

Michelle said...

The Shabby Tea Room is one of the first challenges I started to play along with back in 2010!!!! I was smitten with Debbie's shabby chic style until I evolved into my own! Such a wonderful place for inspiration, thank you!!! I wish you all the best! I am lucky to be part of your Paper Sweeties team!!!

Magic Flying Boots said...

So sorry to hear you are closing, but congratulations with your business, and wishing you all the best! Thanks for such great challenges xxx

Outi said...

Changes are inevitable every now and then and I'm so glad I've found so much inspiration at The Shabby Tea Room. So Thank You very much for inspirational challenges. Of course I will check in at Paper Sweeties at once and I wish you all the best in 2016 and coming years.
Love Outi

Unknown said...

Challenges are gift, these are things that made us who we are today - every challenges we encounter it creates a new version of our self.

Maria said...

Oh, my! I'm so sorry that I just now found out about the end of the Shabby Tea Room Challenge! It was one of my first and favorite challenges to participate in! I always had so much fun creating the shabby style cards and still do at times! I was always inspired by the design team and all your projects, Debbie! I continue to be inspired by you and am honored and thrilled to be on the Paper Sweeties team! Wishing you all the best in 2016...thank you!!!